Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Giving in to Chocolate

Forgot to post this two weeks ago.

Really struggling. Two days ago I had a sugar free day but I had great time teaching an English class, so I was on a fun high afterward. All I could think about was having some fast food. So I stopped for a burger and fries. Then later I kept eating--rice, cheese, and finally a glass of oj. Wow, so sweet and it tasted so good. I could have drunk a whole carton, I think. But I didn't --mostly cuz the oj belonged to my roommate. Then yesterday, after work I decided I had to have some chocolate. I stopped at 7-11 for gas and also got two large candy bars. They were delicious. I didn't let myself feel guilty--easier to do when I watch stuff non-stop on Netflix then follow up with a book until I fall asleep. So this morning, because I had chocolate last night, I see that as an excuse to keep going--like once I'm sinning might as well sin big. So I got two chocolate frosted donuts and a frappuccino in a bottle. Why do I always buy raised donuts when they never taste as good as they look? I just eat the top half--the frosting and throw the rest away. The coffee drink was so bad that I poured out what I hadn't drunk when I got to work. Then at my break time, same reasoning, I got a coffee and two chocolate bars. The first one was nice, but the second just tasted too sweet. It was not satisfying at all. It tasted like guilt. I brought such healthy food with me from home--I really didn't need any of the sugar crap I bought. Tomorrow I will have an absolutely NO sugar day so that I can write about it the next day. I need some success here.

PS. I did not have a sugar free day that next day, but I have had one or two since I wrote this.

No comments:

Post a Comment